Welcome to the official Horizen Wiki Page!
Use the sidebar on the left to browse by topics, or use the search bar to find content by keywords. Pressing [ on your keyboard, hides/unhides the sidebar.
If you would like to contribute to or improve this page, please head to ZenHelp and join the Zen community Discord. You can share knowledge and propose any ideas you may have there.
For more info on Horizen, checkout What is Horizen? and subscribe to our mailing list to stay up to date.
Learn more about blockchain technology by visiting the Horizen Academy and choose between beginner, intermediate, or advanced content.
Head over to the faucet and collect some free ZEN every 20 hours! Refer your friends and earn more! A great, practical way to learn how cryptocurrency works.
Horizen is building a technology platform with optional privacy features that aims to enable an application-rich and inclusive ecosystem to provide people with freedom and everyday usability.
Launched in May 2017, the leading-edge platform enables real-life uses beyond its cryptocurrency - ZEN, including the ability to deploy sidechains and integrate third party technologies.
Horizen is built upon an end-to-end encrypted system using zero-knowledge technology, over which communications, data, or value can be securely transmitted and stored. It is a platform for an ecosystem of products, services and businesses built upon a permissionless, decentralized blockchain.
Horizen’s current and planned products and services include:
- ZenNodes - The largest node network with a multi-tiered node system
- Sidechains - A generalizable model that allows you to build dApps and services on your own chain in any language and protocol
- Zendoo - language and consensus agnostic, fully decentralized sidechain protocol leveraging ZK-Snarks
- ZenDAO - Decentralized Autonomous Organization. A provably fair & sustainable governance model
- ZenChat - A secure messaging system. It can be used as a standalone app or embedded in a wallet
- Mine ZEN - Equihash based PoW cryptocurrency, with max supply of 21M
- Use ZEN - Optional privacy features allow ZEN users to take control of their digital footprint when purchasing goods or services
- ZEN Faucet - An easy and risk free way to join the Horizen ecosystem. Free ZEN everyday for everyone
- Academy - Created for the central purpose of sharing our knowledge and passion for blockchain technology and cryptocurrency with everyone - no matter their skill level
- Store - Shop your ZEN style with the Horizen Official merch store for fashion, home goods and more
For full details, please visit the research page for all Horizen technical whitepapers.
For more information about the Horizen Sidechain Solution, please visit https://www.horizen.global/sidechain/